Vivid Sydney Festival starts this and will run until (23 nights in total).
During this time it is expected there will be over 2 million visitors to Vivid Sydney precincts. TfNSW will run over 9,000 additional transport services and close major roads around the Sydney CBD, Chatswood and The Rocks to cater for these large crowds.
It is encouraged that this following information be considered when travelling into Sydney CBD.
For urgent enquiries or traffic information visit www.livetraffic.com or call 132 701.
Road closures in place
From to , roads will start closing from and nights, roads will close at . and nights and the June long weekend, there will be major closures from . Roads in Barangaroo (South) will close each day from and there will also be closures in Chatswood from to nights.
Please see a detailed map attached, and visit livetraffic.com for a comprehensive list of road closures and clearways during Vivid.
Plan your trip
· Local residents and businesses may have restricted access to their properties during Vivid Sydney between .
· Plan your movements in advance and take the time to understand the changed traffic and access conditions that may impact you.
· Visit www.vividsydney.com/transport for detailed event, traffic and transport information.
Public transport information
· More than 9,000 extra public transport services will run to help people travel to and from festival precincts.
· Trains won’t pick up passengers from Circular Quay station nights and the long weekend from . Customers can alight at Martin Place or Wynyard instead.
· Buses in Circular Quay will relocate to Martin Place at Elizabeth/Castlereagh streets from nights and on weekends.
For further information
· Dedicated event transport information at https://transportnsw.info/ and via 131 500 Call Centre.
· Traffic information on www.livetraffic.com and via 132 701 Call Centre.
· Interactive road closure map on www.vividsydney.com/transport
· Google Maps information will be updated in real-time over the 23 nights.